10.05.2011

Sleeping, Kisses :: Day 5 [31 days to being a better mama]

4.  Kiss your child while they are sleeping.

Done.  And done.

Hard to grab photos of giving them a kiss.  But here is my little princess sleeping...

Ah, sleeping babies.  Precious.


But lets get real.  Lets talk about sleeping.  J#3 starting sleeping through nights before he was two months old.  J#4?  She was about five and a half months old.

There are a few things that {I think} helped contribute to that timing.  And I might catch some heat for the first one.

  1. Both of them starting sleeping through the night just a few weeks after we moved from nursing to formula.  Is that why we moved to formula?  No ma'am.  Was this a coincidence?  I think not {and am sure other folks won't agree, but lucky we are all able to have our own opinion, right?}. 
  2. We starting employing some of the advice and tricks in the book Twelve Hours' Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old: A Step-by-Step Plan for Baby Success.  For a good summary of the book, click here for a message board post that another mom wrote about it.  

Ah, sleeping babies.  Precious.  Curious how long it takes for our kids to adapt to jetlag/overseas time change?  About five days.  Which may be the reason J#3 was sleeping in this booth.  The best advice I heard was to get them on the schedule of whichever place you are going TO as soon as possible, even if that means a bit less sleep for a day.  Works for us.

If you are just joining me, please be sure to check out my 31 days to being a better mama page for previous posts. 

5 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Sleeping babies have extra cuteness. It is some sort of baby law.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! How cute!

Jamie said...

Nothing cuter than a sleeping baby :)
Jamie

Michele said...

So sweet! Sleeping babies are so precious and innocent. Love it!

Cat said...

Precious! Our third baby was only able to nurse for 6 weeks before we had to quit for health issues - and she is our sleeping champ! Our 4 year old nursed and coslept till he was 8 months and he STILL doesn't sleep. I'm sure some of it is personality, but I agree - more formula, for us, meant more sleep. That said, I wish I could have nursed longer. Anyway, I LOVE this post series and can't wait to read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...