10.13.2011

Prayer :: Day 13 [31 days to being a better mama]

12.  Pray for wisdom in mothering your child. 


Ha.  Hahahaha.  I laugh, just because this is something I do so often.  And it often comes in the form of the "Serenity Prayer". I even have the prayer right next to my bed.



I pray for patience, I pray for help to understand a two year olds mind.

I pray for their safety and the knowledge of how I can keep them safe.

I just downloaded this book to read:




Source: amazon.com via Lindsey on Pinterest


Being a recent graduate of Reading the Bible in 90 days, I was trying to figure out a way to continue using The Bible in everyday life.  That book should help.

My next step is going to be to start nightly prayers with them.  I know growing up I had a habit of saying prayers just before bed, and I want them to do that to.

Tell me how you {if you} started nightly prayers with your children.  When did you start doing it?

If you are just joining me, please be sure to check out my 31 days to being a better mama page for previous posts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband prays with our girls 18 months and 3 years old every night before he puts them to bed. We've always done it even when we were rocking them as babies : ) My favorite thing we've done though is make a special photo album with pictures of everyone from our family and use it as our prayer journal for the girls. It can be a few weeks we go without using it and my oldest will find it on the shelf and ask me if we can pray : ) I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog, I'm trying to get comments right now for the best pieces of motherhood advice.
Blessings!
www.lessonsfromivy.com

Tracey Davis said...

We've always prayed with our kids, and the Bigs now do it whenever they feel they need to. The totally understand prayer is just a conversation with God. It's so wonderful to see.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...