10.24.2011

Sarcasm? Nooo. :: Day 24 [31 days to being a better mama]

23.  Replace sarcasm with kindness. 


I have to say, we don't use much {if any} sarcasm with our kids.  Like I have said a few times throughout this 31 days, it probably has something to do with the kids being so young.  Some of this stuff just doesn't affect us.

BUT, I know there are some of you that have older kids.  Or no kids.

So, following are a few interesting nuggets regarding sarcasm.

According to this article from ScienceDaily.com, children can detect sarcasm as early as six years old, but won't necessarily understand the humour of it until about 10 years old.

Comedian Jeremy Greenburg {I've never heard of him, have you?} wrote an awesome article for MSN Lifestyle about sarcasm & parenting.  Please check it out.  It is an interesting, down to earth look at how sarcasm can affect your children.  My favorite quote?
"This is Parenting 101: don't get personal. When your child messes up,
 remember that there's a good chance it's because of your parenting."

And with that? I live you with these pinterest gems: 





Source: cukri.com via Shanna on Pinterest






Source: google.com via Janet on Pinterest



If you are just joining me, please be sure to check out my 31 days to being a better mama page for previous posts.

1 comment:

Lori said...

i love this. i tend to use sarcasm -- a lot -- and will have to keep this in mind. need to stop doing that NOW so i don't have to think about it when my girl is older!

http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...