10.13.2011

Inspiration Workshop: Red

This week's prompt for Gussy Sew's Inspiration Workshop is:  Red!

And I couldn't pass this up, because I love red.  In decorating {we've painted two of our past dining rooms red}, in clothes {love red sweaters}, anywhere.  But right now my mind is on...decorating, of course.  Just a few weeks and we will be moving into our home in Scotland.

Just a little side note. They are going to pack up all of our stuff in the Netherlands on a Tuesday.  And it is going to be delivered to our new home in Scotland on a Thursday.  WOW!  That is all I have to say about that.  But how exciting. Only a night or two in a hotel.

And then I get to start decorating.  'Cause peeps?  We are going to live there for TWO (!) years.  That is the longest we have lived in one place since 2007.

So, here is some red inspiration to get my mind rolling...



Low key red additions on the chairs, fun light shade. Great option when you have a neutral paint shade on the wall, and can't do any painting.



Love the subtle red additions to this kitchen.  The window covering?  Awesome.  Wouldn't even have to do any sewing!



Again, subtle additions add such a punch to an otherwise neutral room.  Oh, and have I mentioned we are going to put a fireplace with a stone surround {hopefully} into our Minnesota home when we get back there?   Love.



Okay, so we have permission to paint in our new place {its a rental}, but I don't think this would be considered neutral, would it?  {wink}   But, if it was our own place....let me just tell you, J#3 LOVES Dr. Seuss right now, especially The Cat in the Hat.

#   #   #
Alright friends...so head on over to Gussy Sews and link up with this weeks Inspiration Workshop.  You'll be glad you did.  Its a great group of ladies linking up, and there are always tons of fabulous ideas.

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


9 comments:

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

Oh I love Gussy Sews! I have been wanting to buy one of her make-up bags - they are so pretty. That is awesome that you are moving to Scotland - what fun (and stress!).

Sarah B. said...

That red window valence is beautiful!! I'm your newest follower from Gussy :)

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

love the cat and the hat room!! i'm hosting a huge giveaway on my blog right now and would love to have you swing by and check it out- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Love all your pics!!! I love pops of red too! So fun!!
And moving to Scotland?!? How incredible! Can't wait to hear more about your move:)

Unknown said...

what awesome inspirations! Love the cat and the hat room! How fun!!

Vale ♥ said...

Love your inspirational pics, red is so great when it comes to adding sparkle to home decorating ! Lovely :)

Fashion and Cookies
My Twitter

Anonymous said...

oh i LOVE red! We have red couches in the lounge, and red accessories in the kitchen but none as nice as these gorgeous photos

Tracey Davis said...

Did i tell you I have red leather chairs on order for the dining table? Maybe they'll be there when I get home...

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I love red accents in a neutral room. A pop of colour but not too much to get sick of it. Good luck with the move!

Thanks for popping by the Fibro today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...