10.07.2011

It's the little things #5 :: friends & food

It's amazing how these weeks fly by so quickly.  Sunday {while pondering the next day is Monday and J#1 goes back to work} I am wishing for it to be Friday. 

Then it is.  And I get to reflect on the little things that made it the week that it was {mostly good, sometimes...eh}. But I choose to remember the good.  So here it is...

We are quickly winding down our time in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.  A week from today the movers will be packing up our furniture and we will be driving to Amsterdam for an overnight stay before we fly to Scotland.  Wow.  We will have lived here for a year.  To the day. 
So we spent some time last weekend taking a walk around the Centrum. And I spent time capturing our life while we were here.  {Is it just me who likes slightly overexposed photos outside?}

Slippers?  Yup, slippers.  I have been ADDICTED to Tuc Crackers {made by Kraft, they are my stand-in for Cheez-its}.  Right now they have a promotion running; buy three packs, get a free pair of slippers.  Perfect.  Now I can always remember those Tuc crackers.   {They have them in Scotland too, but I haven't seen the exact ones I have been married to here.  Oh well, perhaps it is time for us to go our separate ways.  For my waistline?  Probably a good idea.}

One of my {new} all time favorite photos.  Waiting for her homemade applesauce to be finished.

Speaking of the kitchen.  I finally caved.  J#1 has wanted a deep fryer.  Forever.  And people, wowza...deep fried french fries?  In the comfort of my own home?  Num. 

Capturing a moment in time.  J#3 has been in the habit of sleeping by the window/door in his room.  He was majorly anti-nap over the weekend, so I took advantage of it so I could get this photo and "remember the time he wouldn't sleep in his bed".  

Dinner out with friends {and a photo bomber}.  Seriously.  So rejuvenating to spend a night out without kiddos.

Can't wait to check out what other lovely bloggers have to say where the little things that they are grateful for this week.  Check them out over at Lindsay's blog: 
Aisle to Aloha

7 comments:

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

Such nice things! And no, you are not the only one who likes slightly overexposed outdoor pictures - I like them too!

sarah - dodeline design said...

Love the slightly overexposed photo too! And your little one is adorable :-) Visiting from Aisle to Aloha, thanks for the great post!

Stacie said...

Oh, the girls pic made me so happy. (Even with the photo bomber). :)

Pidg said...

Pics are awesome I think. Of course I wouldn't know what over-exposed is...I just like it :) The photo bomber made my day..what a ding dong! And I love your little one peering out of the window So cute!

Amanda M. said...

Yea for girls night!! You need a night without kids sometimes.....Good for you!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

You're moving really soon!! Did you decide on what city? What day will you be here? Getting nervous/excited?

ashley @ the 29th floor said...

your kitchen cabinets remind me of my own, which doesn't help my baby fever seeing a baby standing there looking adorbs ;) makes me totally picture my own :) and a deep fryer, you go girl! I want one, but the hubs says i will torn into porky the piglet and deep fry everything, so sadly none for moi :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...