10.17.2011

Parent the future :: Day 17 [31 days to being a better mama]

16.  Picture what you want your child to be like at age 25.  Mother with that in mind today. 


Wow.  25?

That will be in the years 2034 and 2036.  Let's just think about that for a second.

Yeesh.

Alright, now that I have wrapped my head around that...

What do I want J#3 & J#4 to be like when they are 25?
1.  Happy
2.  Confident
3.  Loving & caring
4.  Educated
5.  Independent
6.  Adventurous


How do children learn the most from their parents?  By imitation, of course.  So the best way that I think I can ensure that my children are happy, confident, loving and caring, educated, independent and adventurous when they are 25 is live that way myself.  Now.  Today.  Every day.




Source: etsy.com via Jenny on Pinterest



The other way that my parenting is going to help influence them to become all of those things?  To make them my top priority.  


So, thats all for now. I am off to help my kids develop into happy, confident, loving and caring, educated, independent and adventurous human beings.  Later Gators!  




If you are just joining me, please be sure to check out my 31 days to being a better mama page for previous posts.

5 comments:

Sunshine Blossoms said...

Wow... that's good stuff. Really good. It seems like it would be obvious that you should be aware of the 'grown ups' you want your children to grow into and to model it for them, but sometimes you just don't think about things that way. Well put... definitely going to ponder this one!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! You sound like an awesome Mom to me!

Shell said...

Oooh, that quote hit me!

25... is it okay if I want them to still be mama's boys then? :)

Heather said...

I just found your blog and I love the concept - I too have a long bucket list and I'm excited to see how God is going to expand and fulfill it in ways I never expected! Great blog girl!

Georgia said...

Love the quote, and your topic. I'll have to catch up on the rest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...