8.17.2011

What's Cooking Wednesday? Banana Bread!



I think I have mentioned that I am one-trick pony when it comes to baking (from scratch).  

And what is that one trick?  

Banana bread.  

Probably one of the easiest baking recipes known to womankind.  I mean, you don't even need a mixer for this recipe.  
And, staying true to my novice blogging self, I don't have a ton of photos, but really--with as easy as this is?  You don't need very many.  

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily be reduced to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flower

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).  With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.  Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla.  Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture & mix in.  Add the flour last, mix.  Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour.  Cool on rack.  Remove from the pan, then slice to serve.  

Recipe from: simplyrecipes.com

So, about an hour and fifteen minutes (if you aren't using a micro/stove combo like me) you should have something that looks like this.  If you have a combo micro/stove, then you have to wait until you have melted your butter to start preheating your oven.  Bah Humbug.  
And it looks even more appetizing all cut up...
Numnumnum. 

I am linking up with Heather(TwinkieTotMom)'s What's Cookin' Wednesday? link-up.  Take a few minutes to check out some of the other recipes.  Heather's looks great.  

If only we had a grill.  

What’s Cookin’ Wednesday

3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

oh my goodness. i haven't made banana bread in forever. we LOVE banana bread around here!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I think I might have give that recipe a try as I have some bananas to use up. Thanks. Lori

twinkietotmom said...

Banana bread is my all time favorite! This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up yet again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...