8.12.2011

Five Minute Friday: Beauty (& a Baptism)

Today I am linking up again with The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday.  This week the prompt is "beauty".  As a reminder, here are the "rules": 


  1. Write for 5 minute flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
  2. Link back to They Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in.
  3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.


START
Beauty.  For me, the definition of beauty changed dramatically once I became a mother.  
Oh yes, there is still beautiful scenery, decorating, clothes, and more.  But now, the most beautiful things to me are my children, my husband and my family (including my friends that are LIKE family).  
What could be more beautiful?  Knowing that you have people to depend on, day in and day out.  They will always love you, no matter how goofy (or crabby) you are acting. 
Especially our children.  I am constantly amazed at the depth of their love for us, as parents, and the depth of my love for them.  Unconditional.  
It amazes me that J#3 can be disciplined and crying one minute, and then two minutes later (after a time out, of course) can be hugging and kissing me.  That is beautiful.  Truly beautiful. 
Another beautiful moment for me has been the moment that each of my children were baptized.  To have all of the people that mean the most to us in one place, celebrating our children and telling us (by being Godparents, or just by being there) that they will support us and our children throughout their lives?  That is a truly beautiful moment.  Priceless.  
Beauty is having my family surrounding me.  My immediate family (the J's), our extended family, and our friends that ARE family.  


STOP


Note:  Photos were added after five minutes were completed. Oh, and one more note--as usual, my baby girl was brilliant during the baptism and entire mass.  Not a peep.  Not even a tear when she had the water and oil poured on her head.  


Want to join me?  Or read about other blogger's thoughts on beauty?  Click that fancy little button below. 










2 comments:

Brenda said...

You are so blessed! Your family is beauty, and it's God's special gift to you - especially the baptisms! Thank you for sharing your "beauty" with us!

Stacie said...

The baptism is a truly beauty-filled moment captured by a camera. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...