3.15.2012

Being Brave: Progress Needed

This is part 2 to this post, where I talked about the progress I HAVE made with my one word for the year: BRAVE.  I see it is a year long process, melding BRAVENESS into my life.  It can't just happen overnight.

And luckily, I have a guide:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.       --Psalm 32:8

So here is where I am still working on my 10 ways to be brave:

#1. Try New Foods (mostly veggies):  I did this.  For like a week.  Guess it is sort of my token "new year's resolution" that doesn't stick.   But since I read my list last week, I took some action over the weekend. Fajitas...usually when I get them I just use the meat and cheese, and leave the veggies to go to waste. This weekend? Nope. I actually USED the peppers. This is a big deal people.
#2. Speak my Mind (don't mumble):  I will ALWAYS be working on this. But I did sign up to be the vice-chair in a new playgroup we are attending. Which means I'll possibly have to speak in front of the group at times. So that seems like a bit of progress...right?  

#8. Find a babysitter & go on date nights: Hmph.  This one might take awhile.  I just found out this past weekend that there really aren't "babysitters" here in Scotland.  

The rest of the items I still need to work on sort of tie together: 
  • #3. Make blogging productive
  • #6. Truly run a 5K {or longer}
  • #7. Take the next step with my book
All three of these items take time.  And attention. 

I clearly need a BIG change to occur to help make these items possible.  Change is sort of my fuel.  I thrive on change.  But at the same time, I'm scared of it.   Although it probably isn't the change that I am scared of as much as the work it takes to change.  To learn to be in a new place or learn a new skill. 

And here enters my friend Tracey, who I thank God I have met. {There was most definitely a reason he had us move to the Netherlands for a year.} Plus an announcement to come soon.  

Wait and see....you are excited, aren't you?

* * *


a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut




The Fontenot Four





2 comments:

Danielle said...

Good for you!! I know it's hard getting a sitter. Most of our dates are at home after the kids are in bed. I have coined them as "micro dates" and they are lots of fun. If you need any ideas you can check out my lil blog. Good luck! I'll be following you!

Carina Schoen said...

you can do it, Jen! this is inspiring, seriously. i have a lot of little things i just need to set my mind to accomplishing. best! (and thanks for linking up :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...