10.11.2012

It's time.

Today. This is the day. It's time.

For what? 

To get something done.  Or...to start something.

It is just about two years since we moved across the ocean for a once in a lifetime experience.  It's been amazing and remarkably...not what I was expecting.

Don't get me wrong.

The travel?  Seeing Paris, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Amsterdam and so many other beautiful locations I never imagined I'd see in my lifetime, that has been remarkable.
 
The kids?  Amazing.

When we moved, J#3 was one and a half, the age his sister is now.  And at three and half?  He amazes me daily.  Literally, daily.

And J#4, well...two years ago she was still waiting to be born.  Today, at 20 months, she is developing her own personality and charming us with her smile.


But here is the deal.  I thought to myself when we moved:  "Awesome.  I'm not going to be 'working' {in an office setting, because you all know being a SAHM is a whole different kind of job} for three years.  This is the time for me to finally kick this weight. And do something.  Figure out what I need to do to become the confident, ambitious and happy woman that I admire."

Two years in, and now I'm telling myself: "Self, we've got a year left.  Let's get on this."

In order to make changes?  You have to make changes.

Duh.

I can't just sit here talking about it or writing about it.  I just need to do it.  I need to be done talking about it.

So don't expect many more of these self-reflective, 'I need to be better' posts {outside of the Wednesday Healthy Living posts}.  Because in the words of Stuart Smalley:
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
And now I'm going to move on with life and get things done. 

* * *


1 comment:

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Love it! Don't you hate it when we waste time coming to the "Duh" conclusion? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...