10.10.2012

complaints be gone {on healthy living}

I have a confession to make. 

I complain. 

Mostly to my husband and my Mom.  {Sorry you two!}  But it comes out other places too.  And when you are on a journey to lose 70 pounds or so?  It's not a good thing. 

This is going to be a long journey.  And it needs to be a positive one. 


Here's the truth.  I really don't have any right complaining.  As annoyed with whatever is going on in my life as I am; as much as it inconveniences me? 

Something else, something worse could be happening. 

But it isn't.

I'm just on a journey to lose weight {one that I got myself into in the first place, obviously}.

I have a bunch of support on this journey.  And my head is in the right place for it.  So I am lucky.  I am blessed. 

And I realize I can endure.

I can't be complaining about that candy I had to throw away so I wouldn't eat it.  {oops, that might be a complaint...no its not...just an example}

I can't be complaining about having to get up at 5:30 a.m. to beat the kiddos out of bed so that I have time for solitary exercise. Especially because I have the power to go to bed earlier.

So when a complaint floats into my head?  I'm switching it around.  Making it a problem,  but with a solution. 

A problem I can solve and get over.
Because I am going to reach that goal {140...I'm coming for you!}, and when I do, all of this work will be worth it. 

1 comment:

Danica Bridges-Martin said...

I'm also a complainer, half the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. Good luck on both journeys, losing weight & being more positive. :) Danica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...