9.24.2012

Scenes from a long weekend

Three day weekends are the things of dreams.  Don't you agree?

Well, living in Scotland with a husband who works at a company that follows Scottish holidays...well, doesn't allow for a lot of three day weekends.  The normal American ones like Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc. don't exist here.
But the Scots do have a LOT of bank holidays.  And J#3 gets those off of school.  So, this weekend J#1 decided to take Friday off, and we enjoyed every last minute of it. 
So the kiddos took advantage of him it.

And so did I.  We started the weekend off in Glasgow, dropping off the zoom lens of my camera to be repaired. 
This photo?  Would look so much better if I had that aforementioned lens that is being repaired.

I'm going to have to do some research, but I think this might be part of the Olympic flame cauldron? 
Alas, I'm in the middle of a spending freeze {more on that later this week} so I couldn't take part in the awesomeness that is Glasgow shopping.

* * *

Up next was our now regular Saturday hike. We made our way up to Callender, Scotland and took one of the hikes to check out the Crags.
After last week's 2.5 hour, 1700 calorie burning hike?   I think I'm going to be going 'eh, that was nothing' for every hike from now on out.  Unless we top that one--then, I'll just be saying 'ow'.
Little secret about our weekend.  J#4 had a cold starting on Thursday, and it went on through the weekend with J#3 and me catching it too.  So, we sort of took it easy.

* * *

Including my exercise on Sunday, which was a family walk down to the duck pond near our house. 
Those are some ducks that are VERY used to being fed.   They came up CLOSE, and were a bit mean.

I think we'll need to bring more bread next time.

*   *   *

From fun out & about...to fun at home.  
Check over at Intend to Live for my announcement about a fun October series!


and
 then, she {snapped}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...