5.20.2013

moving madness on Mondays: week 1: dreams

A new series begins on the blog today. 

Moving Madness on Mondays

See, about every second thought that runs through my head right now has something to do with our upcoming move back to Minnesota from Scotland.  I know I'm not the first -or the last- person to move, and this is far from being my first dance with the experience, but I thought, "hey, I should share my thoughts on the blog, maybe someone else who is moving can benefit from it".  Or, sometimes even if you aren't moving, you could benefit from it.

* * *

Since this is the beginning of the series, seems only appropriate to show you where my head is at a bit.  And I had a dream this morning that is a perfect representation of the typical worries thoughts I have right now. 

A little background: last night my husband and I had a conversation about Windows 8 (Microsoft's newest operating system), and the fact that they are bringing the "start" button back.  A few things occurred to me as we were talking about that: 
  1. I didn't even know they had removed the start button
  2. He had to remind me where it was since I've only been using Apple computers since our move
  3. I promptly started worrying that I wouldn't know how to run my computer when I start working again, because the chances are pretty good I'll have a pc. 
Fast forward to this morning, and the dream that Kanye West woke me from {my alarm is his Stronger song}.  

I'm in my new office {at my old company, so sounds like my subconscious is hoping to be back there} and for some reason there is a cartoon on. Why do I have a t.v. in my office?  I have no idea.  A few of my co-workers are in the office with me, waiting for our meeting to start. 

But guess what?  I hadn't even turned my computer on yet {probably because I don't know how to work it, right?}, so I didn't know what we are meeting about.  Then, as my boss helps me turn on my computer, I realize that somehow I forgot to get daycare set up for the kiddos.  

So I wonder, since J#1 took care of drop off that morning, where did he take them?  

Then I woke up.  

Probably a good thing, since it sounds like it was turning a bit more into a nightmare than a dream. 

* * *

So tell me below in the comments or on the Facebook page...
What sort of topics would like to hear about in the Moving Madness on Mondays series? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I think
that you should publish more on this issue, it might
not be a taboo matter but usually people don't discuss such topics. To the next! All the best!!

Here is my web site; real hair wigs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...