5.27.2013

Memorial Day thoughts



There are a few things that help me to appreciate holidays such as Memorial day even more as I grow older.

First, having now spent nearly three years outside of the United States of America, I've learned to appreciate all that our fair country has to offer.  I can't even explain what the specifics are, its just a feeling that America is HOME.

Second--while it compares in no way, shape or form--having spent this much time away from 'home', family, and all that is familiar, I have a new found appreciation for what our troops experience as they leave all that they are familiar with and love to serve our country.

So on this Memorial Day I send thoughts and prayers to current troops, veterans and those who have gave their lives to protect our country and our freedom.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...