1.16.2013

On healthy living....

As I mentioned in Sunday's post, one of my goals for this week was to share something new with you.  This is where I'll do that.  So, check that one off the list!

* *

I've been writing about living healthy on this blog ever since I started it, I think.  I've started my diets/lifestyle changes over and over again.  Lost weight, and then gained it all back again.  Over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I could probably add in some more overs, and be good...but you get the idea.

So here is the story.  I'm taking that discussion off of this blog for the most part.

I want this blog to be a positive place the majority of the time.  I want it truly be about living a listful and listfull life. About being attentive to my children, husband, friends and family.  About taking ahold of life, and really living it.  About checking items off of my bucket list, my 34 in 34 list, my reading list and sharing those stories with you. And maybe just about random, goofy subjects too.



And to be frank--the journey to losing weight and living healthy isn't always a fun and happy journey.  There are some deep seeded things in my psyche that I think affect my resolve and ability to reach my goals.  I want to process those somewhere, and so I created a new blog.

I was going to make it private, because this journey can be a personal one.  Especially when I start working through some of those 'deep seeded things'.  But, that isn't fair.  There are other people on this journey too, that I think might benefit from reading my story.  Learning that they aren't alone.  And my hope is eventually its a place where I can share recipes, exercise information and the like.

The blog is called Jen Lives Healthy.  For now it is pretty 'bare bones', because I'm focusing on the writing.  You can click above or below on my pic to get there.  And feel free to subscribe by email or on your blog reader to keep up with the journey.



That picture above? From our recent trip to Minnesota in November. I love it because it represents a time when I was feel VERY healthy and confident.  I was 'going strong' on Game On, got almost a perfect score-even while being on vacation for ten days.  I was actually using the fitness room in the hotel...it was epic.  Ha.

But no...really.  I want to get back to that place, and stay there.  That's my goal and my intent for 2013.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...