2.27.2013

simplify. part 1. {about quotes}

I'm on a mission to simplify.  To focus on completing what needs to be done, I need to focus less on items that don't need or shouldn't require my attention. I'm going to take a few posts to talk about the steps I'm taking to simplify; and then move on to the task of doing. 

.....

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you might have noticed that I have a thing for quotes. You know, the ones that are all pretty with nice backgrounds and big ideas?   They have been all over the place, in posts--some have even served as the inspiration for a post.

(shared by this lovely lady on Instagram)
I LOVE quotes.  I probably had about 300 + (or more?) saved on pinterest.

Now?  I have less than twenty.

Here is the issue.  While I thought I was using them as motivation; I think they were making me feel like I needed to improve. ALL the time. Which isn't true.

As I said at the start of the yearI am enough. And having a constant "motivation" saved as the wallpaper on my phone or iPad, or even on my computer desktop, I think probably subconsciously was making me think that I wasn't enough.

Of course, striving to be better is a part of life, but it can be done without the motivation of quotes.

They were taking up a bunch of my head.  Seriously. Enough to garner an entire post on their own? Yes, embarrassing as it is, yes.

I'm ready to simplify life.

Step one? Delete quotes.  Everywhere.  If they are really that awesome, and are something I really need to remember-they will find their way back into my sphere of influence at some point.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...