5.16.2011

32 questions...and answers

I am finally trying to be like a real, grown-up blog.  


I have added a few pages (see the tabs above?), including an "about me" page and a "100 books" page.  More about the "100 books" and "1000 gifts" page in future posts.  Today, I wanted to share part of the "about me" page, because it is probably a page you might not click over to.


Not me.  No.  When, I head to a new blog-that is the FIRST page I check out.  So, I wanted to give people a lot of info.


Granted, at this point, most of you know me IRL (in real life), but maybe you didn't know all of this information.  This is a collection of questions from across the great world wide web.   Sort of like one of those e-mail questionnaires.  Oh, and if you have any other questions, let me know.  Right now there are 32, since that is how old I am.  And, well, my birthday is in just a few short months (July, in case you want to send gifts)...




  1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?  Grilled Cheese Sandwich, although for the longest time I thought it was a "girl" cheese sandwich
  2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? It is a tie between "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney and "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins
  3. What is one of your favorite quotes?  "People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you are very lucky, a plane ride away." 
  4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?  Dusting.  What is the point???
  5. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?  Time of day:  morning,  Day of the week: Saturday, Month of the year: April 
  6. What sound do you love?  My son and daughter laughing.  
  7. What sound do you loath?  Whistling
  8. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?  I wouldn't ever want to stay any age forever.  What would be the point? 
  9. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?  Tom Brokaw
  10. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?   President John F. Kennedy's inauguration
  11. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?  Suzie.  That was almost my name.  The story I remember being told is that my Mom got to choose my name, but if my Dad would have gotten to it would have been Suzie. 
  12. Are you named after anyone?   Nope.  Well, I take that back. My middle name is my Godmother's name: Marie. Did you know though, that Jennifer was the most common name being used for babies in NYC the year I was born?  That would help explain the 3 Jenny's in my grade school class of 50 students.
  13. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?  Mary (as in Jesus's mother)
  14. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?  Pay off the last of our debt.  Duh.  Oh, and--since we live thousands of miles from our family and most of our friends--buy a plane. 
  15. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A writer.  And that is what I would have said 20 years ago too. 
  16. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?  Reading or surfing the net. 
  17. What would you name the autobiography of your life?  Not sure, any ideas out there? 
  18. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?  Too many things to list.  My mantra is:  "Everything happens for a reason".
  19. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?  Moving across the world; having a baby in a foreign country.
  20. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?  I was a bit of a goody-goody.  A few friends I hung out at my house and had a few drinks my senior(?) year in high school, and I totally wouldn't have gotten caught.  But, I told my Mom.  Yeah. I did that. 
  21. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?  I've received kleenex as gifts twice.  That would be the worst.  'Nuff said.   The best?  The gold necklace J#1 gave us for our first Christmas with a hand written note (instead of a card).  That was when I knew he must REALLY like me.  
  22. What do you miss most about being a kid?  I don't really miss being a kid.  But, if you twisted my arm I guess I would say it would have to be summers when there wasn't homework to worry about. 
  23. What is your first memory of being really excited?  Getting a Nintendo for Christmas--think it was 1987
  24. When was the last time you were nervous?  In my life as an expat, with my personality--this is pretty much a daily occurrence. 
  25. What is something you learned in the last week?  101 things about Irish History
  26. What is the best invention during your lifetime?  So far, Ipad/Ipod touch/Iphone
  27. How many phone numbers do you have committed to memory?  Thanks to cell phones, not many:  My Mom's,  my brother's, my in-laws, our U.S. cell phone (which are never on) numbers, our current home phone number, our old home phone number (sad to see that one go), and I justbarely have my mobile number here in memorized--so, eight.  There are about four more numbers that I could identify on caller ID by the first 3 digits though...does that count for anything? 
  28. If you had to act your age what behavior would you change?  Self pity. 
  29. Do you have faith in the next generation? Why?  Of course I do, because we are raising them.  And I think I am part of one of the great generations.  I am right on the cusp of Gen X/Gen Y--so do with that what you will. 
  30. How old where you when you had your first kiss?  14
  31. Do you believe a long distance relationship can work?  Absolutely, the first seven months (pretty much our entire courtship) J#1 and I were three hours apart. 
  32. Would you ever live in Los Angeles?  Oh, yeah.   In a New York minute.  But I would prefer New York City. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...