3.20.2012

Day 59 {numbers lie}

Numbers HAVE to lie, don't they?

I bought this shirt last summer, when I was at my lowest weight, and we had made a visit back to Minnesota {gotta love outlet malls.  and shopping trips with best girlfriends.}.
 
Shirt: Coldwater Creek Outlet {and I am a WEE bit crazy for wearing a white shirt with a 1 and 3 year old}
 Necklace: wedding present from my husband, Bracelet: old as dirt, maybe probably Target, 
Watch: Fossil via Macy's, Jeans: H&M, Earrings: Tesco

I finally feel comfortable wearing it, but I haven't YET gotten past that lowest weight from the summer.

Explain that.

Numbers lie.

But I guess these numbers don't lie...

Weight check-in:
Starting weight (this week): 199
Goal weight for week (1%): 197
End weight:  198.4

Total weight loss (since start):  16.4 pounds 


Only .6 lbs this week.  Who knows the reason, could vary from being a woman to not taking a day off.  So, I did that this weekend, and took Sunday off.  {And yes.  I did have a frankfurter.  And yes.  I know how bad those probably are for me, but once in a long while?  I think that's alright.}  But anyways, we'll see what happens on the scale.  


Let me be honest {alright, I always am, but here it is going to get sort of negative real for a minute or two}.    I am most definitely to a point in this journey where I am ready to be done.  Done counting points, done waking up early every day to exercise.  Done making myself accountable.  


Which has happened every single OTHER time I have been on this journey.  And I gave into "those voices".  This time I can't do it, and I won't.  


I even considered taking a break and NOT joining in the competition for our next round.  We have friends visiting from the U.S. at the end of the next round, and I thought it would just be TOO hard to be on the "game" when they were here.  But you know what? If I am going to be serious about this, and make a major life change, I need to be able to do it under any circumstances.  


We start a new round of "Game On" this coming Monday.  Are you in?  


So far 15 people have taken the challenge and changed their lives for the better.  You might not believe me, but just about everyone who has taken part?  Has been happy they did it.  And EVERY person has lost weight.  


Later today I'll plan on posting the rules of the game again, in case you are thinking about joining us.  Come on friends, family, readers...I dare you!  




* * * 
pleated poppy

Momma Go Round





 

6 comments:

Krista said...

Congrats to you! I'm going to check it out :)

Tracey Davis said...

You look amazing!!!!!

Crazycurls said...

Love the pic! I too am tired of counting points. I took a 3 day break from point counting this week and found that I really need to keep up with it. I had like 4 thick slices of cheese (mmmm, cheese) and there's no way I would have had that if I had been tracking.

Keep up the great work, it's obviously working!

Sonja B. Ebling said...

Ok Jen, I'm with you.. in a way I'm SOO ready for a break!! BUT.. what do you say instead, we raise the bar a bit??? How about if you and I do an additional little "competition" with one another through the next round?? I know I could use the extra kick in the butt... and it sounds like you'll have extra temptation.. I'm not sure of the perimeters.. but what do you think??? We CAN do this.. oh and by the way.. YOU ARE LOOKING FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And those numbers lie because you're building MUSCLE and getting TONED and healthy... your BODY IS ADAPTING and did i tell you YOU'RE LOOKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!??

Valerie said...

Yay! Congrats! Don't give up, you've already come this far to quit. I am interested in learning more about the plan/program you're one, so please do post! =]

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Well done! Love and adore your outfit and enthusiasm! Thank you for providing such fashionable inspiration.

Have a well dressed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...